Translate

Friday, April 4, 2014

Metropolis Electronic Guitar - Pim ZOnd FAve Electric

Metropolis Electronic Guitar - Pim ZOnd FAve

  Here are a few photos of my "Metropolis" guitar. I gave it that name because the original Fritz Lang silent sci-fi film from Germany is one of my favourites.

Cover of "Metropolis (Restored Authorized...   

Especially the robot Maria.
  metroback
The guitar is an old Quest guitar from the 80's that I haven't been able to find parts for. I added a Seymour Duncan pickup, and put the original pick-up into my Silver Bat travel guitar, which you can see in my MUSIC video called "Modo", plus I added 3 additional strings to that guitar after I hammered a vampire stake into the sound hole. You can see that in yet another music video ... Vampire wooden stake and hammer ... from the video "Modo", part of the as yet unreleased album "Live at the Parish of St. Charles".     metrofront 

With this guitar though, I do most of my tweaking and hot-rodding, as I have to regularly clean the joystick control anyway, or it'll get gummed up, so I use it as a "test bed?". Plus I built and installed an electric slide which you'll hear on my new album project "Ethical Treatment of Machines" out in December.
Metropolis (film) Metropolis (film) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment