Translate

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Vintage Used Guitars - 1942 Kay Oro Lefty Parlor

1942 Kay Del Oro Lefty Cowboy Parlor Guitar .


What we have here today is one of my Cowboy Guitars. Those of you that follow me in Lawman Guitars know I love Cowboy Guitars and the walls of the shop are covered with them.  They all look great with the awesome Stenciled Graphics. I got this 1942 Del Oro Lefty Guitar and it was almost unplayed. Beautiful condition right out of the original case.


These Del Oro guitars were made in this larger body from 1942 to 1944 by Kay to be sold in the Spiegel Catalogs. They came with a neck cord and as this one has an ancient cord that was attached, I have to assume it’s the original. This Guitar was called the Lefty as the Cowboy playing the guitar on the graphics is left handed.

 I would have missed that detail. Not only is it a beautiful VERY RARE Guitar, but its now playable. The fret board has shrunk just a little which left the original frets just a little proud. I didn’t want Jeff to be sanding on them so we will leave them as they are. As you can see, the graphics are outstanding.

There were two small top cracks that Jeff the Tech cleated and repaired…and after that, only superficial wear dings and scratches. Original Tailpiece, Bridge, Pick guard,and Tuners makes this quite the guitar. It even still has the original Guitar cord… Check those pics. I also have the original case it came in…Its old but in great shape.  Grab This Beauty Before She Is Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment